Thursday, October 12, 2006

Blog renovo-ed

It's been a really long time since the last post. More than a year now. I really can't figure out why I got this urge to start, and then within 50 hours odd, I stopped. I actually forgot about it, as ridiculous that may sound! Sometimes I did get reminded of the fact that I have registered on blogger while visiting other blogs, but they were only fleeting, and I never got back to it.

One of the most difficult things about having a blog is the name and the title. My earlier posts were under the name - wish2balive. It was just reflective of my mindset at that point of time. First term at IIMA was tough, and after the mid-terms, I just wanted to break the monotony of it all. Another motivation for starting the blog at that time were the blogging habits of my batchmates. Some were really good, and I was pretty enthused with the idea of sharing my thoughts on the net.
But all good things come to an end, and this blog also suffered its demise (that could be attributed to First Term as well!)

And so here I am, back again; still without a clue as to what I intend to post. Even if can ramble on about nothing for a few hundred words (another capability acquired here in Ahmedabad), I am still unable to think of a suitable title and the address for this blog.

I also suffered from this unique kind of writer’s block when I initially started last year. Wish2balive!!! I’m sure I could have come up with something better. But when I thought of starting afresh, I still couldn’t come up with anything.
Wish2balive.blogspot.com was simply changed to arjunsanyal.blogspot.com, and the title went through several iterations before I realized that this blog does suffer from an identity crisis.
Among the various titles considered:
“Random ramblings” – My girlfriend said that it’s too common. I agreed. Just out of curiosity I googled for “random ramblings” and blogspot.com – 195,000 entries! I know there are not as many blogs
“I’ll stop procrastinating from tomorrow” – That’s something I should do from today, but not good for a title. Too long!
I also searched for various names that would sound exotic and pseud, and ended up wasting a lot of time on an English-Latin translator!

So, if anyone reading this blog has any suggestions, please post them.

2 comments:

Suze said...

Non sufficit Orbis

Alea Jacta Est

Casting Ouch!

;)

Namita Vora said...

hey arjun..how about
pledian erudite
or
banal banter