Saturday, March 29, 2008

My first time

My first experience of traveling by a train in Mumbai was very pleasant. I had just finished taking my Class 10 Board Exams and was accompanying my father on a business trip. We were staying in a guest-house on Malabar Hill (Fantastic place and whattay view! The view deserves its own post here!) and we were going to visit a relative somewhere near Juhu. It was Ambedkar Jayanti; the reason why we were not visiting our clients on a business trip, and also the reason why the trains were empty!

We took tickets for First Class from Churchgate to Andheri, and easily got seats. Coming from Calcutta, I thought why do people make such a big deal of Mumbai locals? I had traveled in some really crowded buses in Cal, and I was yet to see something more crowded than that.

Another thing I noticed was a middle-aged couple sitting near us. They were both dressed in white, and the woman, apart from having very intricate chikan work on her kurta was wearing seemingly very expensive jewellery. The jewellery may have been imitation, but I had never seen such well dressed people take public transport in Cal!

Nothing very exciting, but that’s all I have to say about that.

No comments: