Saturday, May 02, 2009

Scared shitless or shit scared?

I am scared.
Scared of what?
That's what I've been trying to figure out. Lots of things. Very confusing.
So what are you doing about it?
Trying to drum up some courage.
Courage for what?
Courage to tell someone something; courage to not tell someone something. Courage to take that step towards possible greatness, and more importantly, courage not to take the step back.
Isn't that just about everything? Too generic?
It makes sense to me. I need it for different things in my life right now, and there are so many things going on, so this has to cover a lot.
If you are afraid of something now, how will get over it?
I will not think about the future, not worry about possible outcomes, not assess probabilities.
Isn't that dangerous? Just taking a decision without thinking about what may happen?
I never said that I am not going to have some sort of a decision tree, not know what the outcomes may be. I just won't worry about them, won't analyze everything again and again.
So how will you make any decision?
I will just take them. Go by my gut.
What if things don't go according to plan?
That's the beauty of this - there is no plan.
What if you fail?
I won't.
So will you take that step?
Yes.
Are you scared?
Yes.

No comments: