Sunday, May 17, 2009

Twenty Questions

So what's happening on the job front?
Nothing much.
Aren't you in the management trainee program?
Yes, I am.
You've been here for a long time now?
A little more than a year now.
What happened to your rotations then?
I don't know. I just stuck around.
Is the program over now?
Yes.
So what happens now?
Either we continue with our current roles, or we apply to other available roles.
You have been here for a long time. So, your boss wants you to continue?
Yes.
So, are you?
No.
So, to what other roles are you applying?
None.
Err... (long flabbergasted pause)... eh?
I am not applying to any other department.
Why? Nothing interesting?
No, there are some good profiles.
So, why are you not applying?
I don't want to.
So, you are sticking around in your present role?
No. (Didn't I just answer that a few questions back?)
So, what are you doing then?
Nothing much.
(lightbulb flickers on top of head) Are you...?
Yes.
You are leaving?
Yes.
...for good?
Yes.
Wow! Why, don't you like it here?
No, I like it, but just don't want to continue right now.
So, where are you going?
Nowhere.
Err... (long flabbergasted pause)... eh?

No comments: